1. The Conditions stated in this document are to explain the rights, duties and responsibilities of both Luxury Promise Restoration and you, the Client, in regard to the Services to be provided by Luxury Promise Restoration. Some terms in this document have special meanings, which are elaborated in the second part, under the heading MEANING OF TERMINOLOGIES. Whenever these words are shown in bold type, they are meant to use their special meanings; otherwise, they are intended to use their normal meanings.
2. MEANING OF TERMINOLOGIES
|Couriers||A third-party company that we utilise to deliver your Items.|
|Depreciated Value||The value of the item before any repairs or restoration was made.|
|Full Item Value||The amount of the item as stated in the Order Confirmation.|
|Item(s)||Handbag, purse or other items of leather, fabric or suede that are booked for the Repair or Restoration service.|
|Maximum Accountability||£20,000. The maximum price that we will pay, per Item, if it is missing, stolen or damaged beyond repair.|
|Order Confirmation||A Luxury Promise record particularising the Item/s you have booked in and the service/services to be carried out on them. It details the any or possible problems or restrictions.|
|Service/Work||The cleaning, restoration, or repair of your Items.|
|You/Your/ Client||The owner of the Item booked for Our Service.|
|We/Us/Our||Luxury Promise Restoration|
Prior to any Work being carried out, an Item booked in for Our Services is only classed as a firm order when paid in full by You. An Order Confirmation will be given to You, either by email or in person. Kindly make sure You carefully inspect this and inform Us of any modifications you would like to make. This should happen within 24 hours of placing the order. We do not guarantee that such a change will be possible.
4. LUXURY PROMISE RESTORATION GUARANTEE
We guarantee our materials and labour for 90 days starting from the day Your Item is collected/delivered.
5. PRICING & PAYMENT
All prices quoted are inclusive of the standard rate of VAT unless explicitly stated otherwise. Luxury Promise reserves the right to increase the price of the order where You request a change to the work to be carried-out
6. COLLECTION & DELIVERY
When we’re done with the Work on your Item(s), we will contact you to notify you of delivery or collection. Delivery is free only for UK orders, or you can arrange to collect the Item/s personally.
- We will ship the Item(s) to the address indicated on the Order Confirmation.
- We reserve the right to charge you for re-delivery of any item which has been returned to us by the Couriers as undelivered where you have failed to take delivery.
- We will give you an estimated delivery date and will not be held liable for any delays resulting from factors outside of Our control.
- Delivery fees may apply to items returned to the customer, even if no Services are performed.
- We take no accountability for any items damaged or lost that are not within our care or the care of our Couriers.
- We reserve the right to not deliver any Item until the full payment has been received from the Client.
The amount of time needed to expertly carry out Our Services may vary from a couple of days up to two or three months. This will be dependent on the type of Service required.
- The removal of ink stains, grease stains and the darkening of handles will take a couple of months to complete due to the cleaning process required to fix these problems and is performed daily over this time period.
- Any alteration to timeline due to changes to the order which have been requested by the Client after more than 24 hours from the date on the Order Confirmation, it will not be deemed a delay.
While your Item(s) is in our care, you are insured up to the Full Item Value, Depreciated Value or our Maximum Accountability, whichever amount is lesser, deducting the cost of our Services. This is to cover you should your Item(s) become damaged beyond repair, lost, or stolen. Items in our care are;
- Any Item currently having our services performed, or waiting for our services to be carried out, and are fully paid.
- Any Item in transit with our Couriers.
- Any Item which is waiting for You to be collected from Us will be in our care for a maximum period of 90 days.
- Any Item you leave in our shop(s) or post to us will be held in our care for a maximum period of 90 days and will only be deemed in our care once there is a formal acknowledgement from us.
For UK customers there is free delivery once the item/s have been repaired. The standard is that your item/s will be available for collection or standard delivery up to 90 days of the repair/restoration work being completed. After this period, your item/s will be placed into a safeguarded storage facility. There will be a £5 per day (plus VAT) storage fee which will be charged to you upon collection.
We will hold an item for a maximum of 12 months from the date the restoration work / repair has been finished. Items not claimed within 6 years of the repair work being completed may be disposed of or sold to claim back our costs as we see fit.
When your item is ready for collection, and when your item is being placed into storage, we will contact the email address provided to inform you. Kindly make sure your email address is correct at the time of booking in and let us know of any changes.
9. EXCLUSIONS TO ACCOUNTABILITY
As a cleaning, restoration & repair service, some Items are sent to us in a damaged and devalued state.
We will not be held liable for;
- any defect in, or damage to, an item which we have not been contracted to Work on.
- holdups or failures which caused by reasons beyond our realistic control.
- failed repairs because of intrinsic problems within the material or structure of the item.
- ‘loss of value’ against manufacturer original models after the service has been performed.
- any other part of a set that the Item may have been part of, and we will only be liable for the Item.
- any damage that is not related to or caused by our Services.
- for any Item which suffers damage by Our Service, whereby the manufacturer’s directives and guidelines have been adhered to.
- Whilst we employ industry standard methods and exclusive materials, we do not assure use of, or employment of, manufacturer original materials or processes. Where original materials are not accessible, parts and colours will be equalled as closely as possible to the original – or to the agreed specification (such as colour matched to a particular part of the Item).
- The Order Confirmation lists all Items we will be accountable for. We will not be held accountable for the loss or damage of any accessories, such as dust bags, locks, credit cards etc. that are not listed on the Order Confirmation.
- If an item is repaired to a reasonably satisfactory standard, no accountability will be accepted for depreciation in value.
You must inform us of any problem or complaint you have with the workmanship on the Item(s) within seven days of receipt or collecting the Item(s). If you observe a mark, stain, or blemish that is on the Item and was not indicated on the Order Confirmation, you must notify us of this within 24 hours of receiving or collecting the Item.
- Where there is a disagreement over the detail of the work performed, the record indicated on our ordering system is taken as the firm and final order.
- We cannot accept returns or requests for refunds on the basis of the customer’s change of heart.
- We cannot accept returns or requests for refunds where a change to an order had been requested and that change could not be accomplished.
- All materials you bring in to us for use in completing the order shall be free of charge for our use and we shall give back any surplus supplies to you upon completion of the order. We accept no liability for their suitability and will not be accountable for any damage or defect to/in the item caused by or arising from the use of them.
- We will not be accountable for any damage to - or deterioration of/in - the item stemming from use or application of unsuitable products or inappropriate use/misuse of the Item following delivery of the order.
- Where you are clearly at fault, we will venture to repair and/or alter the Item to your satisfaction at your cost.
- Where we are clearly at fault, we will venture to repair and/or alter the Item to your satisfaction at our cost. At all times, this will be the first course of action. Where the item must be returned to us for this purpose, we will recompense your costs of dispatch as verified by a valid receipt/invoice.
- Any claim settled will be on the condition that it is received by the client as full and final settlement.
11. TREATING STAINS
- We do not assure the removal of any stains. Linings that are heavily soiled may be difficult to clean satisfactorily.
- The basic cleaning price does not include the removal of heavy or deep-seated stains.
- If a stain cannot be removed, we will match the colour of the bag and apply a coat of colour over the stain in the attempt to hide it. This process is only applicable on leather and cannot be done on suede, nubuck, canvas or fabric. This service is separate from the price of cleaning.
- Suede/Nubuck - some types of stains may not be removable. Because of the nature of the material, significant improvement may not be possible.
- Please note that adhesives, defects and faults which were previously masked in manufacture may become more obvious after the cleaning process. Although every care is taken, we cannot always camouflage natural flaws or completely remove adhesives, or other techniques employed by the manufacturer. All items are hence only received by us for cleaning at your own risk.
- Leather handbags can become worn and discoloured with age. The dirt on the bag can sometimes hide its wear & tear and our cleaning process can uncover it. If this happens, you will be made aware and will be offered to upgrade your service to restore the colour to these areas. Since it is not our cleaning process that has caused this damage, and so we will not and cannot be liable for it.
13. LOOK & FEEL
- After applying some of our services to your handbag, the texture may faintly change from the original. The more severe the damage is, the more of our products need to be applied and so the more the texture might change. During our methods, we make every effort thinkable to restore an item to how it originally was.
- When leather becomes dirty, it can develop a certain lustre. After cleaning leather and removing the dirt this shine is also eliminated. This should not be construed as a negative result as it restores the leather to how it originally was. We accept no accountability for any complaint in such circumstances. The polish or shine can be increased on leather with additional services if needed.
- When restoring a complete item of leather, we will correspond the colour to the most original part of the item. This is usually located on the inside of a pocket, the inside of the item, or in any area that has not been or had little exposure to sunlight and wear & tear. We will match to such an area unless a different area is recorded at the booking in stage.
- When restoring the colour to only a part of an item, we will match the colour to the surrounding area to help it blend in better. We will always clean the full item prior to doing this to help equalise the colour as best as possible. However, if some leathers are also damaged or worn in other areas, our process may highlight these areas further.
14. TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Luxury Promise reserves the right to make amendments to our terms & conditions at any time without prior notice.